On December 9, 2020 we held our 16th Annual Toy Drive benefiting the children of the Tennessee National Guard and Reserve Units and it was a true success! Brentwood Country Club did a beautiful job accommodating us! The service was impeccable and the meal was delicious! Tennessee is the 10th largest National Guard in the nation with more than 15,000 members. Currently there are more than 1,000 service members deployed across the globe. Units are routinely activated to help with recovery efforts in affected states for a multitude of natural disasters ranging from floods, wildfires and hurricanes. They have participated in the effort to secure the U.S. Southwest border, provided safety and security details at the Presidential and State level, and participated in the Governor’s Task Force on Marijuana Eradication (drug seizures, destruction of meth labs and arrests of violators).
Many thanks need to go out:
1. Thank you Tim Skow with 1st Tuesday and The Mount Juliet Republican Women’s Club for participating with the collection of toys and donations. Wonderful things can happen when we all work together for the benefit of deserving families!!
2. Thank you to our friend Chuck Naab who kicks off the 1st Tuesday donations each year with a generous $250 gift.
3. Thank you Joy Villa for blessing us with your vocal gift in singing The National Anthem.
4. Thank you Carolyn Amiot and Mary Obersteadt for spending several days shopping for all of the toys and to all of our members and friends for their generosity with gifts and financial donations!
5. Thank you Barbara Trautman, President of the TFRW for updating our members on important happenings in our State and installing our new Recording Secretary Janet Barcroft!
6. Special thanks to Major General Baker for giving a wonderful speech and to all of the soldiers who came to spend time with us and load the toys!
7. Thank you Rachel Martin for donating lunches for our special guests and to the members who donated lunches for our soldiers.
8. Thank you Executive Board member Amy Dixon-Dudley for “adopting” this event as her pet project and working diligently throughout the year to coordinate it. Though she could not be there due to a recent surgery, we honored her with a Certificate of Recognition.
9. Thank you Quinn Kananack for coming at the last minute to take photos!!
10. We thank our entire executive board for all of the hard work and dedication they put into all of their works to make our events and club successful.
Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year! Please continue praying for our wonderful 45th President Donald J. Trump!